TAIPEI (The China Post) — Constance Wu is explaining why she appeared unhappy that “Fresh Off the Boat” was renewed for a sixth season.
“My words and ill-timing were insensitive to those who are struggling, especially insensitive considering the fact that I used to be in that struggle too,” said Wu on Saturday.
In a lengthy statement posted to her Twitter page Saturday, the actress says she loves her ABC sitcom, but she was “temporarily upset yesterday” because its renewal means she will have to give up another project that she feels “really passionate” about.
So upset right now that I’m literally crying. Ugh. Fuck
— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) May 10, 2019
Just think about all the actors and crews today that shows didn't get renewed and are devastated. So maybe you shouldn't be so upset that yours got renewed.
— Funko_Whisper (@erinn_garrison) May 10, 2019
Wu says her role on the show is “easy and pleasant,” but she would prefer to seek out challenges.
When ABC announced the renewal Friday, Wu said in a series of tweets Friday that it was not welcome news, and she was extremely upset by it.
These words are my truth. I hope you hear them pic.twitter.com/l6SvbFcUlj
— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) May 11, 2019
Wu’s star rose considerably in 2018 with her lead role in “Crazy Rich Asians,” a major hit that got her a Golden Globe nomination.
— Fresh off the Boat (@FreshOffABC) May 10, 2019
- renew (v.) [rɪˋnju] 重新; 更新
She would face the future with renewed determination.
- insensitive (a.) [ɪnˋsɛnsətɪv] 感覺遲鈍的
He was remarkably insensitive to pain.
- struggle (n.) [ˋstrʌg!] 奮鬥 ; 掙扎
The struggle between two teams was hard.
- lengthy (a.) [ˋlɛŋθɪ] 冗長的
Many airplane passengers face lengthy delay because of the strike.
- sitcom (n.) [ˋsɪt͵kɑm] 情境喜劇
Most television dramas are sitcoms.
- temporarily (adv.) [ˋtɛmpə͵rɛrəlɪ] 暫時地
The daily flight to Seattle has been temporarily suspended.
- renewal (n.) [rɪˋnjuəl] 更新 ; 復活
When hot weather comes there will be a renewal of interest in swimming.
- pleasant (a.) [ˋplɛzənt] 令人愉快的; 舒適的
The walk was very pleasant.
- considerably (adv.) [kənˋsɪdərəblɪ] 相當; 非常
He was considerably taller than he was when I knew him.
- nomination (n.) [nɑməˋneʃən] 提名 ; 任命
Jane’s nomination was approved.
Golden Globe Award 金球獎
used to … 曾經…
-I used to smoke when I was in college.
-Her hair used to be long.
- Tom is used to (live / living) alone.
- A ruler is used to (measure / measuring) distance.
- Joan’s parents never give up (on / to) her.
- Jason is passionate (to / about) his work with the homeless.
- While he was at the library, Ben decided to seek (out / at) some information on the history of the area.