TAIPEI (The China Post) — A 57-year-old employee from Taiwan Power Company was electrocuted on June 5 while working at a construction site in Banqiao District, New Taipei City. He was unconscious when arriving at the emergency room as his arms were seriously injured. The company has ordered an investigation about the incident.
The accident unfolded early in the morning during a routine maintenance work to fix a power outage on Huairen Street. Early reports show that he might accidentally have hit the high-voltage electricity power, causing 25 percent of his body to suffer from third-degree burns. He was rushed to the emergency room at Yadong hospital where medical personnel administered first-aid.
He reportedly died upon arriving at the hospital. Taiwan Power Company said they will be doing their best to assist in the follow-up and detailed reasonings of the incident will be further investigated.