CECC says no new cases, details movements of cases 889, 890

Health Minister Chen Shih-chung speaks at a press conference on Monday. (Photo courtesy of the CECC)

TAIPEI (The China Post/ANN) — No new COVID-19 cases were announced by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC, 中央流行疫情指揮中心) on Monday, with the tally remaining at 889.

Speaking at a press conference, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) reiterated that it would expand the home isolation measures for related contacts to the Taoyuan General Hospital.

Discharged patients and their relatives as well as accompanying patients and those living with them or came in close contact with case 889 when he sought medical help will need to quarantine, the CECC said.

In addition, Chen provided more details of the whereabouts of cases 889 and 890 between Jan. 19 and Jan. 23.

They visited Taoyuan’s Danan Market (大湳市場) from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m on Jan. 19 and stopped at the “Start on Start” dim sum restaurant (星上星港式飲茶) from 5:40 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.

On Jan. 21, both cases were at the Bade-Dongyong (八德東勇店) PX Mart store (全聯) from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.

They were also at the Moominlu Bakery in Taoyuan, Bade District, on Jan. 22 from 2:40 p.m. to 3:20 p.m. Both were at the Taoyuan’s Danan Market, again, on Jan. 23 from 10:40 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Case 889 and 890’s whereabouts from Jan. 19-23. (Graph provided by the CECC)

Chen again urged those who had been at the same locations during those few days to practice self-health management and seek medical attention if related symptoms develop before Feb. 3.

As of press time, 889 cases have been confirmed so far, including 779 imported cases, 71 local infections, 36 cases aboard the Dunmu (敦睦) ship, 1 unknown case and 1 case (case 530) which later tested negative.

Among the confirmed cases, 7 people died, 787 were released from quarantine, and the rest are under quarantine.